At the beginning of this year I chose "Joyful" as my word of the year, and I have been using January to think about this word and map out how I will navigate creating a more joyful year for myself.
One area of my life which I have been finding especially joyless has been my parenting. So I've decided to have parenting as my focus for growth in February. Currently my parenting is feeling very joy-less. I have got myself into a lot of bad habits. Joyful parenting for me does not look like:
- making my children feel sad,
- distracting myself from my children with social media,
- Not praising
- not having time for my children,
- Being nagged constantly,
- Feeling overwhelmed,
- Experiencing sensory overload from the constant noise and requests,
- my children saying unkind words to me,
- Feeling guilty
- not having any me-time.