Sunday 21 May 2023

Simple Mushroom Soup

It's been ages since I shared a recipe with you all but I made this mushroom soup which was so simple and easy to make I thought it was worth a share.

I use this recipe whenever I have a glut of mushrooms,  which occurs with ridiculous frequency in our house because I'm an appalling housekeeper and buy food without checking what we already have! 

Fortunately I love mushroom soup so all is not lost.

This recipe is really simple and can be made with as little as three ingredients. I do like to add a bit of a flourish with extra seasoning though so you'll find eight ingredients in this version. But that's eight ingredients you'll very likely find in your cupboards, and can be omitted without a disaster. 



Anyway enough chit chat let me get on with the recipe:

Begin by adding a good knob of butter or dairy free spread (which is what I use, flora is my favorite) to a pan and let it melt.

Next chop two large brown onions into small slices and add them to the pan. Gently fry them till they're soft and a little bit caremalisd.

Whilst the onions are cooking slice all your mushrooms, then dump them into the pan with the onions. 

Cook this down till the mushrooms are soft, then its time to add the seasoning.

I use one vegetable stock cube, ground garlic, black pepper and if you have it, dried parsley. 

Give this a bit of a stir and add about 500ml of boiled water.  Give it a whizz with a stick blender or whatever you have and voila! Delicious, garlicy,  oniony,  mushroom soup, delicious served immediately with buttery sourdough bread.

Ingredients:

Butter,

2 large brown onions,

Approximately 750g chestnut mushrooms,

1 vegetable stock cube,

1/2 tsp garlic granules, 

1/4 tsp ground black pepper,

1 tsp dried parsley,

500ml boiled water.

For the short version, simply fry the onions and mushrooms and add a stock cube for an equally delicious meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment