Monday 16 July 2018

50 Days of Summer



Today marks the first day of 50 days (give or take) till then end of the summer holidays and the beginning of the September school term.

I love a challenge so I am using these days to challenge myself in a number of ways.

I am going to set myself several challenges that I will go over the 50 days.

I am not going to beat myself up is I miss a day or two, I haven't failed if I don't do the things I say I am going to do EVERY DAY.  But I will be aiming to make positive changes to make life better over the next 50 days.

Will you join me?



Here are some of the things I am challenging myself to do:

Eat nourishing foods 80% of the time.

Do a daily Bible study (I am using Day by Day with God),

Write down 3 gratitudes daily,

Pray daily (I sometimes forget!!)

Read to the children every day,

Post on Instagram every day for my business,

Get outdoors every day,

Maybe the most important one:

Go to bed before 12PM 5 nights out of 7, (I was thinking of calling this the "go to sleep challenge"!)


I might add more to this as the days go by, but I am excited to do something to motivate myself and discipline myself to commit to this, hopefully these will become habits that I will continue into the Autumn term and perhaps the rest of the year (or life?)

Creating good habits is the theme of an article I am writing for a new Home Ed Journal that began publication last month.  You can still buy the July edition where you can find my article on how to support other parents (and yourself) to be a better parent.


Image may contain: ocean, text and water


Check it out HERE for both a print and digital copy.








No comments:

Post a Comment