Monday 1 July 2013

Welcome

Hi there and welcome to my blog.  Here I will share my thoughts, opinions and feelings on trying to live an eco-friendly, natural life with my little family in middle England.  I know "eco-friendly" is such an overused phrase these days but I really do feel passionately about trying to leave as little damage on this gift of planet earth as possible. I try to parent in a natural way, following my instincts and  parenting simply but no one is perfect, hence the title to my blog "imperfectly natural".  I don't claim to be some kind of eco living, hippy guru, I just try my best in the circumstances in which I find myself.  I share what I do not to say "look how great I am" but in the hope that others will see that it is possible to live a different way of life which often flows against the current of modern day living, and still be contented.
I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on my posts and getting to know other bloggers who share my passions.
In the mean time, here is a bit about me:
I am 30 years old and live in Berkshire with my husband of 4 years and our little 17 month old boy (let's call home Boris). I am a stay-at-home mum and ex (recovering) secondary school art and design teacher!  I spend my days entertaining my little boy, cooking, keeping the house in order and working on our allotment, I know, don't I sound like an amazing domestic goddess?  I am not!  My little boy  is covered in mud, my house is usually in some state of disarray and we have takeaways on a regular basis (I did say "imperfectly" natural!). We live in a small house on a tight budget.  I don't do any paid work but I am currently training to be a breastfeeding helper with the Breastfeeding Network.  I also love to make things, at the moment that is mainly babies and breast milk, but I am hoping to eventually get back into art and crafts. I am a hopeful Christian, I say hopeful because I am not great at going to church every week, I sometimes swear and often forget to thank God for my many blessings, but I have hope that through faith I am saved in spite of my shortfalls.  I hope that this blog Glorifies Him.
Enjoy looking around and reading my posts.  I used to blog over at Serendipity Child and will be sharing some topical posts from there over here just to get the blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment